FORUMS: list search recent posts

V-Lock Cable - 3 pin XLR to D-tap

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gill
V-Lock Cable - 3 pin XLR to D-tap
on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:26:03 am

Hi there,

I'm looking to be able to power some Canon DSLRs (5dii and 7d) from a V-Lock Battery, using the Hawkwoods Canon EOS D5/D7 Dummy Battery Power Adaptor. Unfortunately, the V-lock mount plate doesn't feature a D-tap to power the dummy battery. However it does feature a 3 pin XLR power cable out. Is there a converter out there that turns the 3 pin XLR into a D-tap?

All help massively appreciated. The Power pack is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proaim-JUNCTION-BOX-V-Mount-battery-plate-/200646...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Vlad Romanovski
Re: V-Lock Cable - 3 pin XLR to D-tap
on Feb 1, 2012 at 6:29:49 pm

I have exactly the same problem. I tried to solve it by buying the 7D Dummy, cutting the end of the cable of it, cut off the 7,5V 2 pin XLR cable that has been provided with our package of PRO AIM RIG-2100, and let my dad solder it together nicely. Afterwards he ducktaped the 2 ends so it looked more aesthetic. Still my 12V monitor does work with the 3 pin xlr, but my 7D doesn't.. Why? Anyone ideas?

Return to posts index

Vlad Romanovski
Re: V-Lock Cable - 3 pin XLR to D-tap
on Feb 1, 2012 at 6:32:09 pm

I have exactly the same problem. I tried to solve it by buying the 7D Dummy, cutting the end of the cable of it, cut off the 7,5V 2 pin XLR cable that has been provided with our package of PRO AIM RIG-2100, and let my dad solder it together nicely. Afterwards he ducktaped the 2 ends so it looked more aesthetic. Still my 12V monitor does work with the 3 pin xlr, but my 7D doesn't.. Why? Anyone ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]