Joshua Tree shot on Canon 7D

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Forney
Joshua Tree shot on Canon 7D
on Oct 1, 2011 at 7:19:43 am

Harmony in the lazy cosmos.
Joshua Tree, California - July 2011
HD video and time-lapse sequences shot on Canon 7D, edited in Final Cut.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I hope you enjoy, Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Joshua Tree shot on Canon 7D
on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:54:07 am

Very, very nice. I found the word "lawnmower" a bit off-putting, but the tone of the music fit the images.

Full of beautiful shots and editing - very evocative. I especially like the way you integrated TL and regular footage. I've always found the foreground of TL landscapes distracting because it looks so frenetic, but the Joshua trees are much more stable, and their TL movement looks almost real-time against the stars.

Two questions, if I may: in the TL centered around 1:40, did you use a consistent exposure? Are you aware of the Little Bramper program, which allows exposure adjustment for changing lighting conditions? And in the TL around 2:10, was that motion control or did you do a tilt-down in post, from a fixed angle? If the latter, it looked much better than most that I've seen.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Jason Lyons
Re: Joshua Tree shot on Canon 7D
on Nov 11, 2011 at 5:31:29 pm

Joe,
Thanks for sharing! Nice reprieve of scenery from the edit cave :) The exposure allowing the sunset transitions through the star-filled sky was very strong! I am curious were you using a dynamic perception MC rig? Keep 'em coming!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]