FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon SX30 is -correct Night Club settings to shoot Video and Photos

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Cruz
Canon SX30 is -correct Night Club settings to shoot Video and Photos
on Sep 14, 2011 at 6:49:54 pm

Hi, I am an enthusiastic newbie, 1st forum post, so any help is appreciated. :-)

I am in an unusual (great) situation as through pure enthusiasm I was just hired to do Video and Photos at different Dance Clubs here in Costa Rica. I did my 1st one a week ago, was a combo day and night gig, the Video/Photos were great, but when they hit heavy Bass the sound would distort.

Currently own a Canon SX30 is, I purchased it primarily for the long zoom and combo photos and HD Video. I had a Nikon D80, great pics, but needed extra lenses and had no Video, so the “all in one” solution of the SX30 seemed ideal. I use it both for my Real Estate projects for Video and Photos of the surrounding countryside and Views, as well as for the club gigs.

I must stress that I have no experience changing ANY Camera settings, I leave the dial on on Auto, both for Video and Photos.

But time to get educated, so any advice is helpful.

So, here are my questions.

#1. For a darkly lit Nightclub, with no external “extra” lights, for the Canon SX 30 is what are the best settings for;

a) HD VIDEO
and
b) Photos

#2. I am assuming there is no solution for the sound recording "clipping" with heavy Bass in the SX30, the Sx30 has a hot show but no external Mic plug. any ideas?

NEXT:

So I am looking for the best solution (New semi pro DSLR or 3/4 Camera) that will give me a small and very mobil package, as I am running around and it unusual positions (climbing ladders or equipment racks or stage platforms) with external mic so that I end up with Video that has sound that is as high a quality as the Video.
SO>>
Recommended Camera, lens(s), External mic/ Filters and anything else I need.

Also, here is an unusual offer.

Everything costs twice as much in CR, so if some acknowledged “expert” out there wants to visit Costa Rica for a 3 day weekend, and TEACH me some of these things hands on, I will pay his or her round trip airfare to come visit, and he can bring me the new camera equipment, as the cost savings will pay for a round trip ticket.

I look forward to your help, and hopefully a visit

Raymond Cruz
CanadaCruzCR247@Gmail.com
http://www.Facebook.com/PuraVida.Fiesteros
http://www.Youtube.com/user/PuraVidaFiesteros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]