FORUMS: list search recent posts

To Magic Lantern, or not to Magic Lantern?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Mosca
To Magic Lantern, or not to Magic Lantern?
on Sep 13, 2011 at 9:34:54 pm

I use Canon T3is, am new to DSLR video, and wonder about Magic Lantern. It's got some great features I would definitely use, so what are the risks? Is it worth taking the chance? Does it work? I'm looking for some feedback on some who have used it and either love it or hate it, or any problems you might have had with it.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: To Magic Lantern, or not to Magic Lantern?
on Sep 13, 2011 at 10:06:39 pm

I'm using ML with my T2i quite a time now and I love it. Don't want to miss it anymore. Too many useful features! :)

Problems? Well not every version is stable on every camera but if the camera hangs, immediately take out the batteries, format the card, make it bootable again and put a stable version on it (maybe you have to try an older version...)

What I read is, to never use a card with a bootflag but without ML on it. This might actually damage the camera.

But if you follow the instructions IHMO there's only a very limited risk in using Magic Lantern.

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Return to posts index

Alex Campbell
Re: To Magic Lantern, or not to Magic Lantern?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:28:41 pm

I used it and it was not very good on the 5D mkII.
The software froze a lot and you have to boot the camera into it every time it shuts down.
The only features that were really usable that I would LOVE to have are the audio meters and the ability to monitor audio with headphones.
I found it to flaky to use in a production environment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]