FORUMS: list search recent posts

shooting Timelapse withCanon 5D and GBTimelapse

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emma sullivan
shooting Timelapse withCanon 5D and GBTimelapse
on Feb 28, 2010 at 3:31:50 am

Hi,
this is my first time using my 5D for timelapse video. I am using GBTimelapse software and i am having difficulty starting. although the memory card in my 5D is empty, when i go to hit START TIMELAPSE error message comes up saying that my memory card is full. I have the software set to record onto my PC only which makes me even more confused. help?

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: shooting Timelapse withCanon 5D and GBTimelapse
on Feb 28, 2010 at 5:05:30 am

I've never had much luck with computer based time-lapse. I think you'll have better luck with a dedicated intervalometer. And then ingest the stills and then process in AE, FCP, QuickTime, Premiere Pro or similar. With that said the only software based solution I've ever had luck with is Canon's own software that comes with the camera.

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Return to posts index

emma sullivan
on Feb 28, 2010 at 5:14:56 am

Yeah i think i am starting to agree. Was hoping to not have the expense of buying an intervalometer but, humph, I cannot get this darn software to recognise the empty memory card.

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Feb 28, 2010 at 2:41:34 pm

I'm using this Ebay TC-80N3 interval timer, do a search they are only about $30 and work great, this is the same type that Philip Bloom is using.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
on Feb 28, 2010 at 11:30:12 pm

I have knock off as well and it works fantastic! I think mine is an opteka or a satcheti or something like that

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Return to posts index

emma sullivan
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:30:41 am

Yes Robbie, in the end i am using canon's EOS Utility and its working a treat (fingers crossed).

Return to posts index

Martin Longrie
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:29:11 pm

I also will be doing my first time lapse soon. I was looking into getting the Canon TC-80N3 for my 5D-Mark II. So, I can simply use the EOS Utility on my Mac and bypass buying the TC-80N3?

Martin Longrie
P&H Mining Equipment Inc.
Marketing Communications
Milwaukee, WI

Return to posts index

emma sullivan
on Mar 12, 2010 at 1:13:09 am

Yes you could do the timelapse without the TC-80N3 although using an intervalometer would probably be best if you have access to one. In the end i am using the EOS Utility software and my trusty notebook. using this set up probably requires a little more maintenance time but it is suiting my situation and its looking good so far.good luck

Return to posts index

bruno perosa
on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:19:42 am

http://www.papywizard.org/

EX3, Nikon Adaptimax with various lenses, Acuter Merlin mount, MBP17"2.93GHz, FCS2, Media100, BtcSP, DVcam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]