FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feedback wanted on the Easom Optics DSLR cage rig

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody Easom
Feedback wanted on the Easom Optics DSLR cage rig
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:16:26 am

My Brother makes DSLR cage rigs and I am looking for feedback on the unit that is currently on Ebay. It is cnc machined aluminum with stainless steel thread inserts. It has 15mm carbon fiber rods and the spacing is 60mm. Is the price of 575 shipped to high or two low? Other products like this are priced much higher. Please let me know what you think about this cage, the good and the bad, Thanks, CODY

a href='http://i1.creativecow.net/u/168319/cage3.jpg'>

Return to posts index

Cody Easom
Re: Feedback wanted on the Easom Optics DSLR cage rig
on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:36:22 am

I would still like to hear what everyone thinks of this gear.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Lawrence
on Jun 22, 2010 at 7:10:34 am

Cody, I recently got a Halo Cage and a Solo Cage for my Canon 7Ds. Since I sold all my DV equipment and got into the DSLR cult I have spent a small fortune on other gear before someone sent me a link you your stuff. I was skeptical at first because I have been brainwashed to think that high quality and low price cannot co-exist -- You and your brother have proven me wrong -- and I am thrilled about that.
Right out of the box the design and machining were of obvious quality, (having worked in Aerospace and machining before I feel confident saying that).
You guys did everything right on your cages, lightweight, precision, professional industry aesthetics, versatile, interchangeable... etc at infinitude. The handle is solid and even on the SOLO cage, (one arm or rib?) my 20* pound, fully rigged, DSLR feels secure and well balanced. Unlike my Redrock stuff your screws easily tighten and loosen with little effort. They are not quite as precision as Zacuto but your stuff is a fraction of the cost and gets the job done. One of my favorite things about your cage system is that you put 1/4 20 thread mounts everywhere - man, I love this for accessories. I have field tested these rigs for a week at the time of this post and they are holding up great to the abuse of indie production. You have earned my business - keep up the quality and the price and I will buy anything you make -- THANK YOU !!!!

Jonathan Lawrence

Return to posts index

mark gilmer
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:15:15 pm

I really like the look of this cage. Is your brother still making them? If so how can I find/buy one? My email is slaw235@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Lawrence
on Oct 18, 2010 at 9:00:18 pm

I'm pretty sure they are still producing these... here is the link to their site. http://www.easom.com/

Jonathan Lawrence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]