Best way to record this?

Thanks

richard

Return to posts index

Ryan Orr
Re: Clean hdmi out
on Aug 10, 2011 at 4:32:33 pm

No.

Depends on the camera, but most are not HD, or have will have gfx on them.

The BEST way is to still record to the media card you put into the camera. You could try to see what Magic Lantern has hacked for your specific camera, but I wouldn't waste your time on it. They haven't completely hacked any camera that would give you the highest HD resolution without GFX yet. Otherwise, you would have heard about a TON of people already doing this...

Return to posts index

John Frey
on Aug 10, 2011 at 5:34:34 pm

My Panasonic GH2's have 1920 x 1080 out of the HDMI for monitoring with no GFX. There is presently a pull-down issue if you record 1920 x 1080p uncompressed from this port, but there is a software workaround. There is also a hack in progress that is being updated almost weekly. One of the next implementations of the next hack release is hopefully the pulldown issue resolve. Google for many postings re. this excellent camera.

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:21:59 pm

I am looking at the gh2 it looks pretty awsome for the price.
But I need to decide between capturing hdmi with a ninja or transcoding the hacked video to edit in win ppcs5.5 or avid mc 5.5
Which do you think is better .

thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]