FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D - No Power?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff McHale
Canon 7D - No Power?
on Aug 1, 2011 at 8:43:29 pm

I was working with a Canon 7D this past weekend and ran into a big problem. I put in the fully charged battery, turned it on, and I was shooting a few pictures. At this point everything seemed to be working fine.

I switched the camera to video mode and I was changing the settings for our shoot. As I was adjusting the white balance (manually) all of a sudden the screen went black, except the White Balance options were still displayed (but they could not be manipulated).

I thought the camera had just went into stand-by so I pressed the "start" button, nothing happened. The white balance settings were still frozen on the screen. I tried to turn it off and back on again, but it white balance settings were not going away and the screen was still black (with the white balance settings still frozen on the screen).

At this point I removed the battery and put it back in. The screen went black, obviously, but when I went to turn it back on, nothing happened?

I have switched batteries, and nothing is working.

The camera will not turn on at all.

I did notice that the battery charger was a little warm, when I took the second battery off of the charger, if that had anything to do with it?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Canon 7D - No Power?
on Aug 4, 2011 at 12:10:50 pm

Charge the battery overnight and try again.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]