FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D won't format CF Card

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Banks
Canon 7D won't format CF Card
on Jul 27, 2011 at 1:17:08 pm

I just got a new 7D last week and 16GB Kingston 266X CF card. At first my camera recognized my card with no problem. All of a sudden my card reader wouldn't recognize my card... so I reformatted my card on my MacBook using Disk Utility to FAT-32.

My card reader now recognizes my card just fine, however, my 7D now says "Card cannont be accessed...format card with camera". So I go to Menu>Format on the camera and it then says "Cannot format. Change Card." I don't understand why my camera won't format. If I can't format my card using my camera is there a way to format it the right way using my computer so that my camera will accept it?

My card reader did appear to have some brackets misaligned and after straightening them out that doesnt seem to be the issue since my card reader recognizes my card just fine. Which makes me wonder if it's my camera that is the problem? Or am I just not formatting my card correctly?

I'm supposed to be shooting tomorrow but had to postpone in fear that this won't be resolved by then. HELP ME!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Canon 7D won't format CF Card
on Jul 27, 2011 at 9:48:34 pm

It's possible you might have damaged the card with the reader if you found some bent brackets. I'd try it in another camera- go to any camera shop and ask nicely to 'test drive a camera with my own CF card so I can check out the images at home.'

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]