FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR vs Super Zoom

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Hecht
DSLR vs Super Zoom
on Jul 20, 2011 at 5:32:17 pm

So I have been thinking of offloading my Canon T2i (and all accessories: lenses, external flash, etc) for a Super Zoom (the Sony DSC-HX100 to be exact) as I have little time for photography now. (But I'd like to replace it with a point and shoot that "does it all".) How will the 30x optical zoom compare to the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 lens (at least in terms of zoom factor)? Any advice appreciated!
Ed

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DSLR vs Super Zoom
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:21:26 pm

Well if you're just using a single zoom you're sorta missing out on the real power a DSLR has over a fixed lens camera. If you have no time for photography or multiple lenses I'd think you'll be right at home on a fixed lens zoom. As far as comparing the focal ranges, that's something you have to get a demo for. It's apple's to oranges with the differing chip sizes there.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Ed Hecht
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:55:20 pm

Thanks, Noah. I guess what I'll need to do is pick one up locally and do some comparisons on my own. Though I did notice it doesn't shoot in RAW format. So that's a huge consideration too.

Return to posts index

Ed Hecht
on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:21:26 pm

Agreed, Noah. The more I think about it, the more I realize this would be a good grab and go camera-a nice extra tool for the arsenal.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:19:25 pm

Yeah well you'd definitely be taking a step down in quality coming from the T2i for those sorts of reasons. Personally I think these cameras are cheap enough you shouldn't make it one or the other. Both have their uses. Though if it were me I'd probably just stick with the T2i as it's much more versatile.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]