FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make-up - Cross Post

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Marx
Make-up - Cross Post
on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:41:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a basic powder/make-up kit for on-camera interviews that can be easily applied to
reduce sweating, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Wayne

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Make-up - Cross Post
on Jul 17, 2011 at 7:08:11 am

Head over to your local drug store and ask at the cosmetics counter. Your basic skin tone powder will do the trick.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jul 18, 2011 at 9:40:50 pm

It's not quite as simple as it sounds - depending on the lighting you're using, street makeup can be very clownish looking on camera. You need to know the color temperature of the lighting you're working with, then purchase the makeup based on whether it's tungsten, daylight (in which case off the shelf street makeup could work), LED, or otherwise.

Here's a sampling of what you can get into:
http://www.spotlightcostumes.com/BenNyeStore/html/MakeupKitsTheaterFilm.htm

When I was producing a half hour show on computers and software several years ago, we brought in a trainer to teach us how to do tv makeup. It was amazing the counter-intuitive things we were taught. To get rid of a zit (and this was tungsten lighting in a studio, by the way), there was a yellow stick we used. A tiny dab, which looked very weird in person, disappeared when on camera under the lights.

There's a whole art to it, and the best way to be sure you won't end up with a clown or a Kabuki look, is to test it with the camera and lights you intend to use, on the person you intend to use it on. That's why pro's get hired to do this.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Marx
on Jul 19, 2011 at 11:08:23 am

Thanks Guys,

@Joe, you are right, but I'm not looking to make up my interviewees, just cut down some of the inevitable sweating.

W.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]