FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools 5 and 23.976 -- Mixing studio doesn't support my fps

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ciro Faienza
Pro Tools 5 and 23.976 -- Mixing studio doesn't support my fps
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:10:16 am

Found a mixing studio that will work with my budget on my feature project, shot on the 7D at 23.976fps. Throughout the edit and the sound edit we have kept the project at its native settings (resolution, field order, frame rate, etc. . .)

Mixing studio is saving my life with their pricing, but they're using Pro Tools 5, which lacks support for 23.976 or 24-drop-frame. We noticed when there was sync drift from the burned in timecode on the Quicktime. I have read here—http://forums.creativecow.net/archivepost/8/500159—that there might a work-around involving exporting my sound-edit OMF at 29.97, because it runs at the same speed as 23.976, so the seconds will align even if the frames do not.

But this process is a bit unclear to me. So if my sound editor exports the 23.98 project at 29.97, do I also have to export a Quicktime at that frame rate? What do I do to the burned-in timecode if I do? Or, if I'm supposed to leave the reference Quicktime at 23.976, what then do I do to the timecode? Not to mention that Pro Tools 5 has several frame rates that sound like 29.97—29.97, 29.97-Drop-Frame, and 30-Drop-Frame. I don't know what the difference is, nor which one to set the project to effect this work-around.

Some help, please. How do I work around this Pro Tools 5 problem?
--

Ciro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]