FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low Budget Shoulder Support Solution

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hughes
Low Budget Shoulder Support Solution
on Jun 19, 2011 at 10:00:44 pm

For those of you DSLR shooters who are on a low budget and cant be bothered making a shoulder support yourself, check this out if you haven't already:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DSLR-Rig-Movie-Kit-Shoulder-Mount-DV-Canon-5D-2-7D-/1...

I bought one and it just arrived last week.
It is absolutely fantastic and very cheap.

It is manipulatable and transforms into other types of rig to suit whatever you need to shoot. It has loads of female 1/4 threads for attaching things like monitors, microphones, monopods, tripods (for quick release, I guess) and other accessories and equipment.

For me this is absolutely ideal compared to paying hundreds for a shoulder mount that only serves one purpose! This thing covers pretty much everything!

I wasn't paid to post this. I can't wait to start using this properly.

Good day!

Daniel Hughes
Amateur Writer, Director,
Director of Photography
United Kingdom

Return to posts index

James Navarro
Re: Low Budget Shoulder Support Solution
on Jun 20, 2011 at 9:43:25 pm

I have actually been looking into buying this for awhile now. Have you've been able to get nice, steady shots with it? Also, can you compare it to the more expensive rigs? Thanks for posting this, hopefully more chime in on it.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hughes
on Jun 20, 2011 at 9:48:45 pm

I haven't ever used any expensive rigs so unfortunately I can't compare - but I have shot some footage with it and the results were very smooth (but not too smooth, if you know what I mean) and looked quite professional.

In "shoulder support mode" I can't possibly imagine any other support being much better. Perhaps more comfortable, but when you get your positioning right with this one it isn't uncomfortable at all.

B-Hague (as much as I love them) sell a bog basic shoulder support which is utterly featureless, for ~£52. So I think this is a relatively great investment.

If you like I'll see to uploading some of my footage for you?

Daniel Hughes
Director of Photography
United Kingdom

Return to posts index

James Navarro
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:47:10 am

Daniel, thank you for the reply, I appreciate it very much. I know on the ebay bid page it has a video of people shooting with it. It looks great! I didn't know how comfortable it would be because the shoulder mount looks different compared to other ones that hook onto your shoulder, so thank you again for that input, it was very helpful. And would it be okay to see a sample? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Daniel Hughes
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:24:39 pm

I'll do that on Friday for you, away all day tomorrow!

My only criticism of the product is the part that rests on your shoulder - if you don't get the two segments at a steep enough angle the back segment is very easily distorted, which can be quite frustrating, but not if you tighten it well and get a decent, sharp angle.

Daniel Hughes
Director of Photography
United Kingdom

Return to posts index

James Navarro
on Jul 6, 2011 at 7:14:48 am

Daniel, just got the same rig! I love it so far! it's so cool how it can change into different positions and can mount several things! Thanks again for the info.!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]