FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D7000 Video Settings

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Nikon D7000 Video Settings
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:32:00 pm

I just picked up the Nikon D7000 earlier in the week and I have been playing around with the video mode the last day or so. I can't seem to figure out my focus issues. I have everything in manual mode and if I start on an object and check focus then pan the camera, when I stop panning my shot is blurred and out of focus. I am not sure why this is. If I keep the camera wide and check focus and pan the camera everything should stay sharp and in focus but for some reason its not. I have a 50mm 1.8 lens on there now.

Any suggestions?

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Nikon D7000 Video Settings
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:44:56 pm

I take it your new to cameras.

It is NOT auto focus.

Uf you focus on an object and pan to another object, you will not have focus (unless its the same distance away).

Get out of 1.8 to a higher f.stop so you have a wider range of your depth of field.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Jun 19, 2011 at 1:41:27 am

If I said Auto Focus then I made a mistake by saying that. I was completely in Manual everything so I know I wasn't in auto focus mode. New to the D7000 coming from the D90. Yea I realized what my problem was after I posted my question. Your right I was wide open on the lens and the aperture was at 1.8 causing a very narrow depth of field. So I needed to up my aperture some and adjust the shutter...I tested that out this afternoon and I got better results than I was having earlier.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jun 19, 2011 at 2:54:28 am

If you move the camera, you may need to pull focus. This is why people will use a follow focus system. Otherwise, you'll need to avoid low f-stops.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Jun 19, 2011 at 3:10:05 pm

Agreed!!! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]