FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 550D Used how much?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suley Suleman
Canon 550D Used how much?
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:08:11 pm

Basically i was looking around in town today and have seen Canon EOS 550D + 18-55mm i can get for around £580 now i remember seeing one used with tripod Canon EOS 550D + 18-55mm and memory card + carry bag for around £500, its a uk model as they have the jessop reciept they claim they got it last year in septeber so less then a year old. Im thinking should i buy that and get my own lens etc as i need a mic so would work out cheaper or is it too expensive for a used one and its better to buy new?

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Canon 550D Used how much?
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:47:55 pm

So if I am hearing this correct, new is £580 and used is £500?

If this is so, it doesnt really need thinking about....

Return to posts index

Suley Suleman
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:59:54 pm

yep, the only thing making me think for the second hand is it includes a tripod, bag and memory card which new would cost an additional £50 unless i can haggle jesops for it to be a freebie which i dont think they will do

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Jun 17, 2011 at 3:04:25 pm

lf the tripod is really good and not one of the cheap box-store models it MIGHT be worth it...you need to do some investigation, get the details, find the price for the new items (tripod and memory card) and read some reviews. Let us know what you find out. I have a feeling that it won't turn out to be worth it.

Return to posts index

Suley Suleman
on Jun 17, 2011 at 6:15:16 pm

Thanks Steve, did some research it sees it Velbon DF-60 Dual Tripod http://www.amazon.com/Velbon-DF-60-Function-Weight-Tripod/dp/B00009UTVO, to me it seems like a cheap one - my old samsung one looks better im not sure if i can use my old one i cant remember the model. The memory card is some Sandisk 8gb extreme, im not sure how much its worth but i usually get my memory from scan who are local to me http://www.scan.co.uk/search.aspx?q=SDHC im not sure what class is good or any decent brand but i guess i would need to research.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:26:26 pm

Yeah the tripod isn't worth it (looks like a cheap friction head and very lightweight legs) and on the memory cards make sure it is at least "class 6" or even "class 10" - slower cards won't work in video mode on your camera...so go ahead and buy new - their "deal" isn't looking so good.

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on Jun 17, 2011 at 7:19:28 pm

A friend of mine told me that his wife bought a T3i with kit lens for $299 a couple of weeks ago.

Seems someone had ordered it online at a major national retailer website, then returned it to the local store. They don't stock it, and didn't know what to do with it, so they put it on the clearance returns shelf.

I shouldn't have told that story here.

Return to posts index

Suley Suleman
on Jun 17, 2011 at 7:56:36 pm

lol, if i only had that luck

Return to posts index

dennis chen
on Dec 6, 2011 at 12:45:08 am

Hi there, i own a canon 550d which i bought it last christmas from Jessops, i use it very carefully and protect it very well. It is in very good condition now, i want to give you the best offer.
I can sell it with 18-55 lense and 50 1.8 lense 8g momery card 2 battery and one stylish camera bag.
I am in Birmingham now,i will give you the best offer as your wish.
Contact me anytime.07983178233

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]