FORUMS: list search recent posts

move to hdslr - d7000 (what else to buy)

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anamika Bhatnagar
move to hdslr - d7000 (what else to buy)
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:21:05 pm

Hello. Am making the move from Z1 to hdslr now. bought a d7000 today with the 18-105 mm lens attached to it. also ordered a 55-200 mm af dx lens with it. what else shall i invest in?

I'd ideally like to use d7000 for both wedding videos and photos. is battery grip (mb 11) a must for using this cam for videos? what shoulder rig/body mount should i get? will this camera work with a normal z1 tripod? does it come with a battery? how long does the battery last for? how many other batteries should i get and how many memory cards? i am thinking of 64 gbp cards? what do the classes mean on these cards? which flashgun? anything else you lot can think of - will be very grateful

Return to posts index

Chip Thome
Re: move to hdslr - d7000 (what else to buy)
on Jun 16, 2011 at 12:18:21 am

If it were me, and it has been in my own purchases, I wouldn't buy 64gb cards. You are entrusting too much of the day to one card and praying that one card doesn't fail.

The class rating on cards is how fast a card will accept the data the camera sends it. The higher the number, the faster the card, supposedly. If your card is too slow, the camera will render errors, causing you to loose footage.

Most cameras are able to utilize most Class 10 cards and do just fine. I have seen people suggest a very expensive brand of card for my camera, which I haven't found a need for. I use a good but less expensive card, the Patriot LX 16gb and with my Panasonic I can get upwards of two hours of footage on it, depending on my settings.

Some people prefer shoulder rigs, but your tripod will also work well too. I also use a Manfrotto 561B monopod instead of the shoulder rig and I love it!

Good luck !!!!

Return to posts index

Roger Martin
Re: move to hdslr - d7000 (what else to buy)
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:08:34 am

I use two 32GB SanDisk cards. They are both class 10.
Except for upload speed to my computer, I cannot tell the difference between 30MBs and 45MBs.

I have two MonoPods and three TriPods.
I use a SLIK Movie TriPod and Head for my Videos.

For Video, I use a Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8 and an AF-S 28-300 lens.
I like the versatility of the zoom
but the Prime is better in low light and easier to get the best quality results.

One spare battery is enough. I get thousands of stills and/or hours of Video on 1.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]