FORUMS: list search recent posts

nikon D7000 variable aperture changes

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hector d silva
nikon D7000 variable aperture changes
on Jun 14, 2011 at 4:21:49 pm

I have 2 issues in nikon D7000,I am trying to figure out why,on Nikon D7000, when i need to shoot video in live mode with my variable aperture lens like DX 18-105mm f3.5/5.6 or any other variable lens, changes its aperture when i zoom out.(this happen only in live mode) Camera setting is full manual mode. Even when i start at 105@f5.6 then zoom out it changes the exposure to f8 or f11. Is this normal or it has to do anything with setting. I have already kept my setting to fully manual in movie mode. Another thing is If i kept shutter priority to 1/50 in low light, the aperture will change to max but it will also add a gain of ISO which i do not need.
Is any of using this D7000 face any of this issue.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Roger Martin
Re: nikon D7000 variable aperture changes
on Jun 14, 2011 at 5:45:11 pm

If you have your camera in A "Aperture Priority" and set for 5.6 it should not change.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 15, 2011 at 2:01:55 am

If you're close to the end of the range on variable aperture zoom lenses though- this can happen regardless of settings. Matter of physics.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

hector d silva
on Jun 15, 2011 at 10:06:06 am

If you have your camera in A "Aperture Priority" and set for 5.6 it should not change.
Excatly, this is what i am saying, i have set to 5.6 (not 3.5)this should not change. well in my case it changes to f/8 in relation. This happens in manual mode, in aperture priority, fstop remains same but will add ISO also.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jun 15, 2011 at 2:43:17 pm

Look at AE-L button to lock it. Can also do via menu

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

hector d silva
on Jun 15, 2011 at 10:36:14 pm

yes richard, AE lock is on in menu as well on thumb, but same result, changes the fstop, is this the issue with nikon D7000 only?

Return to posts index

Stephanie Bell
on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:55:07 pm

I'm having this same problem and can't find a solution anywhere :(
Did you ever find out if there's a fix?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]