FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D Timelapse

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnold Foote
5D Timelapse
on May 14, 2011 at 7:23:10 pm

Dear Friends

I just tested my intervalometer on my 5D.
I am now ingesting them. I will color them in aperture and export them as jpegs or tiffs.
WHats the best way to get this finished? Final Cut, AE? Settings? ANy thoughts.

Thanks

jj.foote@mac.com

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: 5D Timelapse
on May 14, 2011 at 9:09:08 pm

[Arnold Foote] "
I just tested my intervalometer on my 5D.
I am now ingesting them. I will color them in aperture and export them as jpegs or tiffs.
WHats the best way to get this finished? Final Cut, AE? Settings? ANy thoughts."

After Effects, definitely. I usually make a 1920x1080 comp at 23.976 frame rate. When you import the pics, select the first one and make sure "image sequence" is checked. Depending on the resolution of your pics, you can play around with panning or zooming during the timelapse. It might be easier just to do any color work right in AE as well.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Ed Cilley
on May 15, 2011 at 1:32:20 am

After Effects will certainly give you the ability to manipulate the image and easily do zooms/pans on the sequence.

Another option I wanted to throw out there was using QuickTime Player 7 (not 10). "Open Image Sequece..." will give you option of frame rates and you can choose what type of QT you want to make.

Ed

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on May 16, 2011 at 2:53:21 am

QuickTime Player 7 Pro is an easy and fast way to ingest an image sequence. It works fine under Snow Leopard, but it is not included on the standard Snow Leopard install.

1) Place your sequence of images in a single folder

2) In QuickTime 7, select File --> Image Sequence

3) An Open dialog will be presented. Point at the first image in your sequence.

This works fast on my quad core i7 iMac.

The resulting full resolution file can be saved for pan & scan in After Effects.

Procedure works great for GoPro time lapses.

====

Philip Bloom just posted an awe inspiring time lapse shot recently during NAB in Las Vegas. The page linked below also includes an audio commentary. Be sure to listen because Philip mentions specific techniques and inexpensive software that is essential for a fully professional time lapse sequence.

Philip Bloom's 24 Hours of Neon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]