FORUMS: list search recent posts

H4N Zoom issue

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno Toré
H4N Zoom issue
on May 11, 2011 at 9:58:24 pm

Hello

I purchased an H4n Zoom and even after all the research I was not aware that I could not control the levels of the inputs separately. It blows my mind that its not an option.

Does anyone know of a way around this. Im getting ready to shoot a sizzler for a Doc in a couple of days and I need to figure out how I can level the lav and the boom separately.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, I could have swore that I had done that on a project I shot with the H4 but it wouldn't make sense that the newer version would be released without it. I tried contacting the manufacturer but got no answer.

thank you

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: H4N Zoom issue
on May 11, 2011 at 11:03:27 pm

An outboard mixer like a Sound Devices 302 or a Shure FP33 is what you need. You can easily rent these in most big cities if you don't want to purchase.

-Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Bruno Toré
on May 12, 2011 at 12:11:38 am

Thanks Noah unfortunately i will be shooting in a very remote place, cant find a single rental place there.

But fortunately I just found out that they came out with an update for the firmware that allows you to control the levels independently hope it works.

this is the link if anyone needs it in the future

http://www.zoom.co.jp/downloads/h4n/software/?lang=en

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on May 12, 2011 at 5:51:37 pm

There's a firmware update that provides this capability, search the Zoom support Web site

Return to posts index

Bruno Toré
on May 12, 2011 at 6:18:26 pm

Thanks you Steve I actually found it and posted the link on this same thread yesterday.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]