FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distortion in HD?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gros
Distortion in HD?
on May 10, 2011 at 10:59:39 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, though I've been hear many a times. I have a question about some footage.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a panasonic fz35 (mostly for shooting video; I've read and seen a lot of good reviews of the video options for it, and considering its fairly inexpensive I went with it.)

My initial footage that I took with it came out fine, however several days ago, out of the blue, anytime I would shoot in HD or on the AVCHD lite setting, the footage experiences slight ghosting and distortion (not really sure how to describe it except as kind of like pixels from other frames bleeding through.) It only does this on this particular settings and has done it with footage taken outside, inside, daylight, nightime, etc.

The other settings come out fine and the pictures are normal too, which leads me to think it's nothing with the lens. I was also experiencing some purple fringing/abberation, but I reset all my REC options to default and it went away.

Any suggestions? Sorry for the long post.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Distortion in HD?
on May 11, 2011 at 1:06:07 am

Post a clip on Youtube we can look at please- impossible to diagnose from a description alone.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Chris Gros
on May 11, 2011 at 8:45:23 pm

Sorry it took so long to respond. Here's a short clip I just recorded. (Sorry for the messy bedroom!)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 11, 2011 at 11:04:05 pm

That's a camera with some serious problems- i.e. you need to have it professionally serviced.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Chris Gros
on May 12, 2011 at 12:09:11 am

Man that's crushing. I just bought this camera a few weeks ago and it worked fine up until a week ago when this started happening about a week ago.

*sigh*

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 12, 2011 at 4:24:51 pm

Yeah that would most likely be covered by warranty- assuming you got it new. Contact your dealer or Panasonic directly. Number's on the back of your manual.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]