FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor calibration for on set use

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Troiano
Monitor calibration for on set use
on Apr 23, 2011 at 2:14:20 pm

I wasn't sure of the best area to post this question, and since I shot with DSLR, I thought I would start here. I have a Dell U3011 Ultra Sharp monitor (IPS panel, full OSD menu).It is a monitor designed for photo color reproduction, and I calibrate it with a Spyder3Elite. I have thought about bringing this along on shoots (I am not a video professional, simply an indie wanna be geek). I am interested in using this as a secondary monitor for checking lighting setups, and as a directors monitor. When I calibrate with the Spyder, its saves the profile information onto the computer (not the monitor). I was wondering what the best way to calibrate, using the monitors OSD controls, so that it will have a good onboard calibration? Should I use my video essentials dvd, and calibrate like a home theater tv? Would I calibrate with the Spyder, then toggle back and forth between the profile saved on the computer, and try and "eye it" and adjust color controls there? Something else I'm not thinking of?

I know I'm not a professional, but would like to have the best available setup that I am able too. I think I have a great resource in my 30 inch dell, and thought it could be of some practical use while I'm on set.

Thanks for any advice,
Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]