FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beachtek Audio and Canon t2i

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Boritz
Beachtek Audio and Canon t2i
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:53:18 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am seeking some advice on how to record the best audio, mostly for shooting interviews, with the beachtek DXA-SLR audio device connected to the canon t2i, using sennheiser wireless mics. I just started using this to record audio from my interviews and have run into a few problems and want to know if there are any remedies in fixing them.

one, a bad hiss/tone is created on a second channel when recording the interviews. It's easy to get rid of in the timeline when taking the clip into post but was wondering if there is anyway of getting rid of this or reducing it tremendously.

Also I noticed that the interviews seem to record audio lower then normal, or how I am hearing the audio through the headphones, with the beachtek device, is this normal?

Any help/advice with recording audio as best as possible with the beachtek device matched with the Canon t2i, is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Adrian Jans
Re: Beachtek Audio and Canon t2i
on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:43:23 pm

I've used the beachtek on my 5D mk. II, and I have to say, I don't like it at all. I've ran into the exact same problems as you have, with the hissing noise, but worst of all, what I hear while monitoring during recording is never accurate to what the audio sounds like after logging the footage.

Soundtrack pro can be pretty handy for getting rid of the hissing, as you've probably learned, but not without sacrifices.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make the beachtek not feel like wasted money, but you really are better off just getting an external recording device and syncing it in post. Well, depending on your standards.

The Zoom h4n will probably give you the best performance for your dollar.

Return to posts index

Chad Gottfried
Re: Beachtek Audio and Canon t2i
on May 31, 2013 at 6:03:41 am

I have to say, I'm very disappointed with Beachtek, at least with my T3i. At first I (mistakenly) ordered a passive model, which was advertised as ideal for camcorders. Didn't mention anything about DSLR cameras. There was an unacceptable hiss. I spoke to the owner of Beachtek and suggested I get the DXA-SLR model (powered). I did so and it did not solve anything. I still get a constant hiss no matter what gain setting (camera or adapter) I use. It seemed to work fine with a Canon 7D though.

Anyone else have audio issues with the T3i and Beachtek (or other XLR adapters)?

I wound up getting a Zoom H4N.

Chad Gottfried

"Don't always believe what you think."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]