FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD (1-1-1) Color Profile

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony McAfee
HD (1-1-1) Color Profile
on Apr 10, 2011 at 6:51:13 pm

Using the 7d after export from Final Cut I looked at the information panel and noticed a new description that read color profile HD (1-1-1). What is this?
I also noticed this on a file exported that was shot with the HVX so perhaps this is a FInal Cut Post but if anyone can help explain this it would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HD (1-1-1) Color Profile
on Apr 10, 2011 at 7:22:34 pm

Not sure what it means- but that is appearing on my recent exports as well. I suspect it's just a bit of metadata that now appears that didn't before. Nothing visual has changed- to my eyes anyways...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Anthony McAfee
on Apr 10, 2011 at 10:31:07 pm

I was just worried that somehow it was changing the sub-sampling to 1-1-1 somehow

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 11, 2011 at 12:19:37 am

Ha now that you would notice...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Payal Kapadia
on Apr 25, 2011 at 6:33:45 pm

hi
did you figure this out ?
i did 2 exports of the same video, one as 'current settings'from an apple pro res 422 HQ timeline on FCP and the other as a quick time export with the same settings and timeline. the former export says Colour profile:HD (1-1-1) and is visibly brighter than the second one, and is a bigger file....what does this mean????
thanks
payal

Return to posts index

Keith Pratt
on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:06:45 am

I believe 1-1-1 is Rec.709 — so just what you want for HD video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]