FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best dSLR Video prior to approx. end july 2011

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Huizen
Best dSLR Video prior to approx. end july 2011
on Mar 28, 2011 at 12:08:44 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for a new dSLR to shoot HD video in the first place, and can shoot pictures too before this summer because I would like to use it on my vacation. I would like to know what will be the best HDSLR to buy before 20 july? I was hoping to get something in the range €0 - €1000 (body only) Like a Canon EOS 60D. But the 60D has a 2 years old processor(although a nice sensor which made up for it). Also there is a Panasonic GH2 which seems pretty nice (smaller sensor although). So my question: Will there be a good competitor for these camera which I can buy before the end of July this year?

Thanks!
Phil Huizen New-Jersey

Return to posts index

Roger Martin
Re: Best dSLR Video prior to approx. end july 2011
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:05:06 pm

Not sure about the exchange rate.

I had the Canon 5D2 (which I consider Canon's best, especially for Video). It is probably way out of your price range.

I like the D7000 with 35mm f/1.8 lens better in every way, especially for fast action sports, but also Video.
It should be close to your budget.

Return to posts index

Roger Martin
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:24:41 pm

Not sure about the exchange rate.

I had the Canon 5D2 (which I consider Canon's best, especially for Video). It is probably way out of your price range.

I like the D7000 with 35mm f/1.8 lens better in every way, especially for fast action sports, but also Video.
It should be close to your budget.

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:35:09 pm

I have been very pleased with my Sony NEX-5, even with the kit lenses. I went for the package with the 16mm pancake lens + the 18-55mm zoom lens. Really pleased with the optical stabilization shooting 1080 HD and the built-in HDR and panoramic features have been fantastic for shooting photos on vacation.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Mar 28, 2011 at 4:50:03 pm

Predicting the future is always a gamble but I'd say keep an eye out for announcements coming out of next month's National Association of Broadcasters conference in Las Vegas.

Sony recently made an interesting announcement about the upcoming release of a traditional videocamera that has many of the features of the DSLRs such as a large chip size. (Sony NEX VG10)

For now I'm sticking with DSLRs but direction we are going is certainly encouraging. I have just read that the VG10 can't do 24p so that's an issue but this is an early model which will be improved on over time, better and cheaper cameras are on the way - that's the way it always works! :-)

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Mar 28, 2011 at 4:58:11 pm

And just to prove my point - a few moments ago I found news about the "Pro" version of this camera which will be called the Sony NEX-Fs100 which DOES have 24p - here are some early details

http://spotlogger.blogspot.com/2011/03/sony-nex-fs100-details-released.html

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Mar 28, 2011 at 4:59:17 pm

Here's a link to the official Sony product page for the pro version camera:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-broadcastcameras/cat-nxcam/product-NEXFS10...

I estimate about a 5K price tag on the street but that could be for a body only.

Return to posts index

Phil Huizen
on Mar 28, 2011 at 8:59:26 pm

Thanks for the info! I will look into it, although 5k is too expensive..

Return to posts index

Ashley Davis
on Mar 29, 2011 at 8:11:52 pm

Thanks so much everyone! After days of researching, I have decided to go for the 7D for personal reasons. I am going to get the body and spend extra on a nice lens.. I will buy alternative lenses at a later point but for now I want a great lens that will be useful for everyday use. I keep hearing the 17-5mm f/2.8 IS is a great starting lens..

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=612&setcurrency=gbp

Do people agree or have experience on this lens? As I said before, it will be my everyday use lens that will be used for pictures and video. Also, would this be sufficient for basic zoom?

What you guys reckon? if theres something better out there, i would love to hear about it.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Phil Huizen
on Apr 3, 2011 at 12:11:36 pm

Won't you wait for the 7DmkII which will be released anytime soon? Maybe even end of april! Otherwise this year.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]