FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lens Adapter Suggestions for GH-2

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Thomas
Lens Adapter Suggestions for GH-2
on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:38:59 pm

I just ordered a Panasonic GH2 and I need suggestions for a lens adapter. I want to buy Canon eos glass. So basically all I need to worry about is that I get an adapter with its own aperture ring if I'm using eos lens, correct? Is Novoflex a good adapter? Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Lens Adapter Suggestions for GH-2
on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:54:26 pm

You'll love the GH2 --sweet cam. Sorry, I don't know anything about Canon glass. I already had Nikkor lenses, so I picked up a Voigtlander F adapter. Don't forget about the crop factor when buying your lenses.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Mike Thomas
on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:14:46 am

I'm open to using Nikon lens. Is the F-mount the older manuel mount? What's the current mount for nikon called?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:25:31 am

Fotodiox, Voigtlander for Nikon/Canon respectively will cover your needs.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

John Frey
on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:10:39 pm

I use Fotodiox adapters with Nikon Nikkor manual lenses on my Panasonics. Great combo and very inexpensive. Just picked up a used 2.8 Sigma short zoom (Nikon mount)for under $100.00. The Fotodiox adapters are solid and available inexpensively through Amazon.

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Ryan Orr
on Mar 22, 2011 at 4:26:41 pm

Now, my question about adapters is this. From what I've heard, there are two types of adapters out there. One is just a piece of machined metal that changes mounting types, however it takes away infinite focus due to the extra distance it adds to the sensor. The other type of adapter has an extra piece of glass that lets you retain infinite, but since it's an extra lens, it adds a stop to your whatever lens you are using.

Does this apply to GH2 adapters as well?
Ryan

P.s. I want a GH2 so bad...but I might just go with a Canon 60D. Same-ish specs enough for me to just go that route instead of all the hunting I would have to do for the GH2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]