FORUMS: list search recent posts

dslr time lapse post

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Hager
dslr time lapse post
on Mar 17, 2011 at 2:01:17 am

I have created a nice sunrise sequence of 1000 camera raw files I have brought the files into AE, which converted them into a 30 sec image sequence. The problem is the video is jerky. I have created a comp both using desktop settings of the raw file (5142X3456) as well as one at (1920 X 1080)Yet when I render them to a 1080 Quick time file, it is still jerky.

Is my problem in my camera settings or am I missing something in my comp or render settings.

The time lapse will be used as an opening to a documentary for which I am producer. So I am trying to create the time lapse and pass it off to the editor as a 1080 quick time file.

I dont think it is my computer, it is a twelve core system. with plenty of ram and power. I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

Just a thought,
Bob

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: dslr time lapse post
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:47:23 am

QuickTime file with which codec? If it's uncompressed, sure it will drop frames. If it's H.264 or ProRes- should play ok. Though of course how the footage was shot will affect the smoothness of playback as well.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Bob Hager
on Mar 17, 2011 at 10:44:13 am

Thanks that worked.

Just a thought,
Bob

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Mar 18, 2011 at 8:36:42 am

The best codec to use depends on what editing system your editor is using.

If it's FCP then Pro-Res or Apple Intermediate are best.

If it's Avid then using a DNxHD codec (various flavours for PAL and NTSC) is best. Not only is is quick to import but makes decent size files. You need to get the codecs from http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=263545 and load them into the AE computer.

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]