FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dealing with Dark, underexposed footage from Canon 7D in Final Cut or After Effects

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glen Jennings
Dealing with Dark, underexposed footage from Canon 7D in Final Cut or After Effects
on Feb 27, 2011 at 9:03:29 pm

So I've got some dark HD footage that was shot with a Canon 7D that I'm stuck working with and I need to pull out the image. I can bring out the images alright using the Levels Filter in Final Cut but its got a lot of video noise etc.

Does anybody have any recommended filter techniques etc? I know there's not that much you can really do but it's a fairly common problem and I'd be interested in any advice.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Dealing with Dark, underexposed footage from Canon 7D in Final Cut or After Effects
on Feb 27, 2011 at 9:31:39 pm

Look at recent episodes of cow podcasts. Covered in depth

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Dealing with Dark, underexposed footage from Canon 7D in Final Cut or After Effects
on Feb 28, 2011 at 10:22:05 am

Neat Video is an excellent plug in for dealing with video noise.

http://www.neatvideo.com/

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Feb 28, 2011 at 10:48:51 am

You could also try the Magic Bullets Denoiser.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Feb 28, 2011 at 8:42:07 pm

[Glen Jennings] "So I've got some dark HD footage that was shot with a Canon 7D that I'm stuck working with and I need to pull out the image. I can bring out the images alright using the Levels Filter in Final Cut but its got a lot of video noise etc.

Does anybody have any recommended filter techniques etc? I know there's not that much you can really do but it's a fairly common problem and I'd be interested in any advice."

How about the under-utilized "Smack the DP Upside the Head -'Cause What Was He Thinking?!" filter?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Mar 1, 2011 at 3:30:17 pm

[Jason Jenkins] "How about the under-utilized "Smack the DP Upside the Head -'Cause What Was He Thinking?!" filter?"

A great filter! Could hurt a bit, if you're your own dp ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]