FORUMS: list search recent posts

matching DSLR with panasonic DVX100

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommaso cicognani
matching DSLR with panasonic DVX100
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:13:18 pm

Hi all,
next week I have to shoot a tutorial on how-to-paint a wall.

Last here I did the same thing with a dvx100A(interlaced) but now I haven't it anymore and I'd like to shoot with my canon 7d. (The output will be for the web and dvd in SD).

How can I set the Canon7d to be able to match as much as I can the Panasonic footage? (The DVD I will produce will include both the old and new videos).

I was thinking to shoot in 720p50 at a shutter of 120 (to avoid strobing) and make the footage look more like video. Or maybe shoot at 1080 at a higher shutter spedd (i.e. 200) and then reinterlaced.
How can I re-interlaced my footage? suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

Tommaso

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: matching DSLR with panasonic DVX100
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:23:27 am

To make it match you can rent a DVX 100

You are not going to get cameras from 2 different manufacturers, with different recording specs, different sensor types, etc. to match.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

tommaso cicognani
on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:51:09 am

I know I can rent a dvx and I really understand how it would be almost impossible to match these 2 cameras but, for some reasons(...), I have not the chance to rent anything, I have to shoot with a dslr and make it look like a 4:3pal video..
I will not mix 7D footage with DVX in the same video but they will be part of the same DVD.
And if I shoot with 4:3 in mind cropping the left and right part of the image?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:55:46 pm

You're looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear.

So go ahead.... it'll look great. The client will never be able to tell the difference and you'll have no problems whatsover.

OR

you can spend $100 a day renting a camera that people are practically giving away for free and finish out the project cleanly.

Do what you want.

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

tommaso cicognani
on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:54:46 pm

I didn't mean to bother you: I perfectly know how it would be impossible to match or mix these cameras and I just tried to ask some expert an advice on how can I cheat on that. Simply.

I'm not looking for anyone telling me what I want to hear, but I know how it is easier to say "go & rent" than answer a not-so-professional question like mine.

Maybe I'm not so professional as the people who usually attend at this forum, and so I excuse myself for for my time-consuming question.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:27:23 pm

You miss my point and are being WAY to sensitive. Us $100 worth a happy client? Is $100 worth hours if your time mixing footage types together with completely different gamma curves?

Get resourceful. Trade a camera rental of your gear for a DVX with someone in your market. Or waste your time and risk displeasure of the client.

You're not wasting my time. But you're taking unnecessary risks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]