FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magic Lantern Questions

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Magic Lantern Questions
on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:20:31 pm

Hi All,

Thanks to Jonathan Ziegler, I have now got ML working on my 550D.

When I put the SD card with firmware in it and power up it starts. Originally I though I kept a card to boot the Camera and then could change card but when I remove card camera powers down. Do I need the firmware on all cards?

Also are there any guides/documentation to using ML. I have looked on the ML Wiki but cant find anything.

Regards,
Ben

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Magic Lantern Questions
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:46:03 pm

Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this too :-)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 25, 2011 at 2:19:03 am

I don't work with DSLRs, but as long as I know the software needs to be loaded every time you power the camera up. So, yes; you need the ML firmware on every card.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Feb 27, 2011 at 10:56:31 pm

Can confirm Rafaels answer. ML has to be on every card. If you delete the ML files or format the card, ML is gone.
Don't know which version/build you have, but in the ML version that I use there's a PDF included, that gives (more or less) detailed information about all features.

Return to posts index

Thomas Pohl
on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:47:41 pm

Which ML version are you using? I tried the 0.2.0 Version on the 550d from december and the last from 31th of may. Both are too buggy to use it seriously.

Cheers
Thomas.

http://www.footage-online.de - RED footage and more available in HD, SD and RED RAW R3D

Return to posts index

Suley Suleman
on Jul 2, 2011 at 4:17:36 pm

What version ML do you use? Would you be able to provide a link to where you dl'd from with the PDF or upload the manual. Also what version would you recomend for a 550d?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]