FORUMS: list search recent posts

"live" focusing using the Panasonic GH2's EVF

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
"live" focusing using the Panasonic GH2's EVF
on Feb 22, 2011 at 7:35:22 am

With the Canon DSLRs, you can't focus using the viewfinder while the camera is recording video due to the mirror setup in SLRs. The GH2 doesn't have any mirror. It's not an SLR. Does this mean that you can look and focus through the electronic viewfinder WHILE the camera is recording? If this is the case, then you can shoot video without using a Zacuto Z-Finder (attached to the LCD screen).

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Andy Pauquette
Re: "live" focusing using the Panasonic GH2's EVF
on Feb 22, 2011 at 3:39:27 pm

Yes you can.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Feb 22, 2011 at 7:04:10 pm

I've been shooting with the GH2 for a couple of months now. It is an EVIL camera... (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens). I have yet to use the viewfinder because the LCD is so nice.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:33:01 am

In that case, is there a need for a Zacuto viewfinder? Is it more of a "want" than a "need"? If I can use the EVF or the LCD (by itself, without the Zacuto) to get critical focus while live shooting, then it's better to use the money for other more important things... like audio. What do you think?

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Philip Peel
on May 25, 2011 at 8:55:45 am

I have a Zacuto viewfinder loupe and I haven't used it since I bought the GH2. I either use the electronic viewfinder or the lcd screen, usually flipped out. If you added the loupe then you can't use the touch screen.

brilliant camera..

http://www.philpeel.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]