FORUMS: list search recent posts

dslr time lapse settings

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Hager
dslr time lapse settings
on Feb 15, 2011 at 3:26:49 am

I made it through my first time lapse shoot with my 7d. Considering it was my first attempt at shooting a sunrise, things went ok. Questions: Should I bring the image sequence into an AE composition at the full resolution of the raw images (5184 X 3456) or at a lower res. Also, when I render my comp what kind of settings would be ideal. This will eventually be a part of a documentary, that will be exported out of Premiere at 720 p.

This is a whole new world. A few months I was working totally in sd video production and my brain is beginning to hurt from all the different issues that have to be addressed in this transition.
Thx
folks for your help

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: dslr time lapse settings
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:02:14 am

That resolution is fine for AE

Choose a comp size that matches your HD need. AE has several presets. Without knowing your delivery method I cannot comment.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
Re: dslr time lapse settings
on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:29:55 am

If you keep the full resolution you will have room to pan and zoom in your footage.
But, of course, rendering will eat up more processor cycles.

I would say try it out a full res, and if the files become to heavy for your system, you can consider scaling it down. Otherwise just enjoy the flexibility of that gigantic resolution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]