T3i is here!

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
T3i is here!
on Feb 7, 2011 at 5:56:13 pm

Hey folks!

Canon has announced t3i/600D. Here's the link to a review

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Canons_EOS_600D_DSLR_aims_to_hook...

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: T3i is here!
on Feb 8, 2011 at 7:16:54 am

Thanks, Sohrab! Interesting news.

Return to posts index

Alberto Solano
on Feb 8, 2011 at 3:27:27 pm

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, first the 60D with a vari-angle screen, now the T3i.
Will we see a new 7D with such screen soon?

Return to posts index

Bob Knapp
on Feb 9, 2011 at 1:59:56 am

If it has manual audio control (like 60d) then this might be my next camera!!

See What I See Productions

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 15, 2011 at 12:14:07 am

I was hoping for more professional type features to be added to camera.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Alberto Solano
on Feb 15, 2011 at 1:18:25 am

such as?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 15, 2011 at 2:18:54 am

At the price point? You're kidding right.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 15, 2011 at 5:23:31 pm

Alberto & Richard,
Let me expand my thought. When the T2i was announced it sent shockwaves of excitement out. When I went to Amazon to pre-order it, Amazon said the waiting list was so big it would be delivered two months after it was released. There was a dramatic difference between the T1i and the T2i. If I had a T1i I would would get rid of it and buy a T2i with no hesitation. As I stated earlier...the T2i created an extreme amount of buzz and excitement. I was lucky enough to find a local camera store that had a few left in stock the day it came out. I have really loved the T2i and feel it was a great purchase.
When I read the article above about the T3i and how Cannon was trying to capture a bigger audience such as the "family User" I thought that that was great. Then I read the new features in the article: Scene Intelligent Auto, Picture Style Auto mode, Fish-Eye Effect and creative filters such as b&W, Snapshot...Sorry, but I didn't get excited about those new features. The Digital Zoom was a cool addition that can come in handy in a pinch. I already own a T2i, I felt like the T3i didn't have enough oomph to get me to get rid of my T2i to purchase a T3i. I'm sure there are more new features then I read about in the article above that I will learn about as more information come out about the camera. But for now...I'm happy with my T2i and I'll probably trade it in for a T4i. That is what I was trying to say.

After I went back to look at the article again to look up the features I realized I missed the paragraph above all of those links. I did not realize that they added a flip-out screen. I think that is a cool addition as well. During the summer I was hiking in the middle of nowhere with my T2i and a slider. I did a shoot with the camera super low to the ground and the sun made it really hard to see the screen. I set everything up and then did my camera moves with out seeing the screen. My battery died and I didn't know it. this flip out screen would have fixed that problem from happening.

That's my 2 cents...or maybe 0 cents depending on how you look at it.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]