FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon t2i

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Doyle
canon t2i
on Feb 8, 2010 at 4:05:20 pm

Seriously!?!? We're now under 1k for for the same quality as the 7d? This game is changing at an incredible pace.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=1...
This is probably too cheap not to buy and try out the whole DSLR video thing

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: canon t2i
on Feb 8, 2010 at 6:38:14 pm

Yeah that's seems like a killer deal - with 1080 24p! Wait until Costco gets some dual lens kits in for under a grand. Will be interesting to see the quality.

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Feb 8, 2010 at 7:30:09 pm

They are going to stop a lot of Canon 7D sales!!

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Dave Gorrie
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:31:23 pm

I thought the same thing too, but on close inspection it's still a step down from the 7D (and big step down from the 5D).

It uses only ONE Digic IV processor (7D uses two, 5D uses Digic II processor) - my guess is this will make a HUGE quality difference between the two. Maybe not to the average home video folks, but I think in terms of broadcast TV...it might be worth bucking up for the 7D...or better yet the 5D.

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:12:35 am

Yes the processor is a difference, I'm looking forward to seeing the output quality. Could the processor just a speed issue and not quality?

I know on the photo side it is nothing close to a 7D and physically it might be too small for my hands. I also have a huge collection of compact flash cards and this new camera used SD.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: canon t2i - Footage!
on Feb 9, 2010 at 9:46:54 am

Some pretty decent demo footage shot with the t2i - Canon's gonna sell a lot of these for under $800!

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: canon t2i - Footage!
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:33:49 pm

Great video, any idea as to where it was shot. That pool looked like a great place to stay.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Feb 9, 2010 at 7:51:26 pm

Too Funny. I bought my 7D a week ago to do video and now this camera is coming out $1k less almost. I bought it just for video too.

I don't know that I would start to use the words "Broadcast Quality" with these cameras. I shoot with a HVX-200 P2 and I don't have the problems with Artifacts and the Moire effect. The whole reason their is a Morie effect is because of the low sampling of the image.

The 2 reasons I got the 7D were 1. my P2 camera is bad in low light and I get lots of grain and 2. The latitude is much better with the 7D and that is a big reason why the images look so amazing.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Feb 10, 2010 at 11:17:21 am

Yes, but the aliasing problem can't be overcome soon. You have your OLPF either optimizes for video or for photography. The only alternative is what Red is doing: always shoot full frame at full speed and downscale later with a good algorithm.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Feb 11, 2010 at 2:02:08 am

I wonder if anyone knows: what's the final image difference between the 7D and the t2i? Specs are one thing, but if the 7D is really worth the extra $900 or the 5D...you get the idea, is it that much worth the extra expenditure for that much better quality (like the difference between a consumer camcorder and a pro-level camera or between one pro-level and another)?

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

James Navarro
on Mar 22, 2010 at 7:35:31 pm

Hey guys I just got my Canon T2i Yesterday at BestBuy. I know on the website it only says you can pre-order it, but when I went to the store they had a few in stock. Anyways I was wondering which brand of sd card would be best, capacity and where can I find some for cheap? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 22, 2010 at 9:43:41 pm

You can get SD cards cheeper at Amazon then at Best Buy, at least the one by my house. It needs to be class 6 if you want it to do HD. I don't have my manual with me but I know it takes SDHC cards. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 23, 2010 at 12:37:33 am

Should be an existing post on this:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/122/858766#858766

I think it's best to get a class 6 or higher for speed, but check the boards. I like Sandisk Extreme IIIs, but others like Kingston Elite Pros. Technically, all SDHC cards are supposed to have certain properties to call them SDHC, but many don't. Stay away from off-brand cards. Kingston, Sandisk, Transcend, PNY, etc. I've heard good and bad for all. Check the Cow Panasonic DVX-100 / HMC-150 boards - the 150 camera uses SDHC class 6 cards, too.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

James Navarro
on Mar 23, 2010 at 3:52:35 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! I've been checking out the Sankdisk, Kingston and Transcend sd cards, all seem great and affordable.

-James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]