FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless video preview from 550D?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kryštof Jankovec
Wireless video preview from 550D?
on Jan 29, 2011 at 6:24:08 pm

Hello,
does anyone know or have any idea how to achieve a wireless video transmission from an EOS 550D/T2i?
Id like to see what my camera is recording, from a distance on an external display. Certainly through a wireless system. I wouldnt mind if the video I saw was low res or quality.
If anyone has any idea how to set something like this up (because I dont have any), I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance:-).

Return to posts index

Greg Brand
Re: Wireless video preview from 550D?
on Jan 29, 2011 at 10:35:24 pm

I think this may help
http://www.teradek.com/cube.html
there may be cheaper systems out there, just need to search.

hope that helps.

http://gregbrand.co.uk

Return to posts index

Kryštof Jankovec
on Jan 30, 2011 at 12:47:29 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I would need transmission over like 500M for sure... Would that be possible?
Also the Teradek cube is really expensive, Im sure there must be a cheaper alternative which has greater range. As I said, the quality of the video doesnt matter, I certainly dont need HDV transmission.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 30, 2011 at 12:53:56 pm

So...

Cheaper with better range

(which is the entire purpose of box and performance)

Welcome to pro video.... a small community. Not many people to spread development costs over.
The Cube is very affordable compared to competition.... good luck finding something for less.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Steven Falconer
on Jan 30, 2011 at 4:22:35 pm

You didn't say what kind of conditions your shooting in (indoor , outdoor, tight spaces?) but if you have a bit of room & an electrical outlet & a wifi connection (which you could create with a $20 wireless modem)I have a sort of chicken wire & bublegum solution.

You connect your 550d to a laptop/netbook & run the EOS utility & asome virtual desktop software on that machine & turn on the wifi.

At the other end (the location where you are) just ahve another laptop/netbook running the virtual desktop software and wifi to view the origianl laptop/netbook and you can see the footage, activate the camera, and even pull focus from a remote location.

It's time consuming, labour intensive and far from perfect, but it will have a long range and it's pretty cheap. You probable have or could borrow all the equipment needed, which makes it free.

Just a thought.

Return to posts index

Kryštof Jankovec
on Jan 30, 2011 at 6:37:16 pm

Thanks for the interesting idea:-). How long would the range be? Would the image I would see have a delay? How long would it be?
Thank you:-).

Return to posts index

Tim Crowe
on May 12, 2012 at 10:10:23 pm

You can use the Teradek Cube in a number of ways. First, you could attach the Cube to your camera, stream to a wireless router of some sort, then send the signal from the router to an iPad. This solution gives you a range of about 300 meters. You could also use the cube to send the video stream of your camera directly to the internet, then view the stream from a remote, internet connected computer. This solution would allow you to view your camera's video stream from any distance you wanted.

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]