FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR video burning through DVDSP

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassidy Hodges
DSLR video burning through DVDSP
on Jan 27, 2011 at 6:42:30 am

I recently shot a 30 min documentary with 3 DSLR cameras, edited in FCP 7, built a DVD menu in DVDSP and now the DVD keep burning corrupt.
It won't play the menu at all. I've burned it different ways even with a template menu at least 6 times and it give the same error in the DVD player every time.
I did burn it through iDVD and it then played in the DVD player, but quality was sketchy.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DSLR video burning through DVDSP
on Jan 27, 2011 at 4:31:55 pm

That's a DVD Studio Pro question. But that being said- describe the problem more carefully please. "The DVD keeps burning corrupt"- what does that mean? The DVD burn fails in DVDSP or the DVD completes without errors but the resulting disc won't play.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Cassidy Hodges
on Jan 27, 2011 at 9:54:22 pm

The dvd completes the burn without any errors in DVDSP, but when I put it in a DVD player it shows an error message.

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Jan 28, 2011 at 9:23:47 pm

What error message are you getting, exactly?

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Jan 27, 2011 at 11:24:11 pm

Shane is correct and has good questions... so if it is the "DVD burn fails in DVDSP", then try build/format option... building a disc image via the "build" command then burn your DVD via the "format" command. This has worked literally every time that I have had a "DVD burn failure" from trying to burn directly from the burn command in DVDSP.

If it is "the DVD completes without errors but the resulting disc won't play." There is most likely a problem with the DVD layout like not setting your "first play" target or a menu button that is not assigned a target or worse yet, a "hidden button" that is the default. Many weird things can happen. And I have had all of these throw me for a loop in the past.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Richard Cooper
Anchorage, Alaska

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Jan 27, 2011 at 11:26:19 pm

Ooops, I meant "Noah" is correct! Sorry Noah!! I was just working on a post with Sane.

My bad!

Richard Cooper
Anchorage, Alaska

Return to posts index

Jim Biffle
on Jan 28, 2011 at 10:49:28 pm

Was it shot and editied in 24P? If I remember correctly (if memory serves me correctly) DVD players require a 29.97 framerate to play back correctly. I use Encore and it is supposed to automaticaly add pulldown in a 24p file to make it so a DVD player will play the disc. I don't know if DVDSP does this as well (automaticaly or otherwise) since I haven't used DVDSP with HDSLR footage. Just a thought, maybe use Compressor to convert it to 29.97 fps (if it was originally done at 24p) and try authoring a DVD with that file and see if it works.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 29, 2011 at 1:59:20 am

Gah- no 24p is fine on DVD- almost all 'Hollywood' DVDs are 24p these days. This is precisely why you want to ask the right forum. Please stick to the original poster's topic. Which is to say, let him explain the error message.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]