FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D Footage 'Squashed'

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davies
7D Footage 'Squashed'
on Jan 19, 2011 at 2:45:39 pm

Hi,

I've just excitedly started work on my first 7D-shot timeline, and after purchasing NeoScene to overcome my first set of troubles I ran into, I found another.

Hopefully this is a well-known and easily solved issue, but I didn't quite know what to search for...

Bringing in my .avi to Premiere Pro CS5 it looks great and plays fine in my program monitor. But as soon as any effect has been applied, my footage is squashed down, almost as if letterboxed. Please see this image...

This was with a simple Auto Colour effect added. The project settings match the 1280x720 60p footage perfectly.

Any nods in the right direction would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: 7D Footage 'Squashed'
on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:38:13 pm

If using CS5... support for 7D is native... no need to process with neoscene

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

John Davies
Re: 7D Footage 'Squashed'
on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:46:40 pm

Thanks for your response, Richard.

I was surprised to find, after all I had read about CS5's native support, that my footage was more editable once processed through Neoscene.

Neoscene aside, I still encounter this squashing effect while using the .mov files straight. All looks fine until I render the workspace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]