FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP, Canon 5d, H4n, DualEyes workflow

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve West
FCP, Canon 5d, H4n, DualEyes workflow
on Jan 12, 2011 at 4:05:24 pm

I'm just starting a Final Cut project and I'm testing DualEyes, but I'm not sure about the workflow. I have about 100 scenes, with multiple takes and each take has 2 cameras rolling. What I did so far was converted all the MP4's to ProRes, now I'm syncing the ProRes files to the Wav files from the H4N. I'm wondering if I should have synced the MP4's then converted those files- that might have been faster, because it's re-writing smaller files. THOUGHTS?

AND....

I'm guessing the only way to sync these is one file at a time? I thought I could put all the files into DualEyes and it would sync them as a batch? Maybe I'm missing something. Also, The drag and drop (on my Mac) doesn't work, so I have to navigate to each file separately- load the Wav, then navigate to the video, load it, and sync.

What I've really been doing is loading the A and B camera and the one audio file- it will sync one video file and error on the other one, then I delete the one that's synced- and hit sync again and it syncs the 2nd file- that way I only have to load the files in one time.

http://www.woodlandmedia1.com

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: FCP, Canon 5d, H4n, DualEyes workflow
on Jan 12, 2011 at 9:10:24 pm

Why DualEyes and not PluralEyes?

With PluralEyes you put all your video files (with 5D convert to ProRes first) to a new sequence in your project in FCP, add your audio files to new audio tracks in the sequence. Open PluralEyes, it will see the FCP projects that are open, navigate to the sequence and click sync. Simple.

There are options in how you sync and required outputs but that's better explained in the tutorials on their website.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]