FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D Iris

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Schneider
5D Iris
on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:24:41 pm

Hi All:
I was shooting on a project today, and got brain freeze and lost in space. Once I have my camera set up in manual, and am happy with all my settings, is there a way to move the camera and not have the "iris" adjust?
Thaanks for your help.
Roy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: 5D Iris
on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:03:17 am

[Roy Schneider] ""iris" adjust"
?? the Iris is equivalent to the aperture on these cameras, why would moving the camera change the aperture? Unless you have a light on the camera moving the camera would have little effect on the exposure.

Please be a little more clearer.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:17:55 am

[Roy Schneider] "Once I have my camera set up in manual, and am happy with all my settings, is there a way to move the camera and not have the "iris" adjust?"

If they camera is truly in manual mode, the iris should not be adjusting at all.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:32:28 am

I have the Camera in M set levels the way I want, but when tilting up from the darker bottom of the vase to the top brighter it seems like the "iris" is opening or the picture is getting brighter. I expected that in auto, but not in manual
Roy

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:47:23 am

[Roy Schneider] "I have the Camera in M set levels the way I want, but when tilting up from the darker bottom of the vase to the top brighter it seems like the "iris" is opening or the picture is getting brighter. I expected that in auto, but not in manual"

It's likely just a shift in the LCD preview that you are seeing. My GH2 does that. Record while repeating that scenario, then play back on your NLE to confirm.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
on Jan 11, 2011 at 2:05:04 am

No it is actually doing it in the NLE as well

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 11, 2011 at 4:04:03 am

okay you are titling up to a lighter part of the subject and you are wondering why the image is brighter in Manual, that is exactly what you would except to happen. It is brighter because there is more light not because the lens is opening up.

In auto the aperture would stop DOWN to keep the exposure the same.

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
on Jan 11, 2011 at 6:24:58 am

michael well said. I was writing almost the same thing as you posted

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Bill Glader
on Feb 16, 2011 at 12:30:28 am

My GH2 is doing the same thing. It's suddenly shifts to a brighter exposure in excess of what you would expect given the additional light. Definitely not behaving like manual.

BG

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]