FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shot on DSLR

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian Lore
Shot on DSLR
on Jan 10, 2011 at 5:31:11 am

I'm posting this here because I think that it's a great way to show off what DSLRs can do for filmmakers with very little budget. I recently shot this music video on DSLR:

I hope you all enjoy. My band is Vertigo Venus, we're from Albuquerque, NM, and this is the Video for "Everybody Down", off our latest album, "SOS". We shot this video in eight hours on three SLR cameras with the help of some great people. I edited it in Sony Vegas. I encourage any band who wants a music video to look into shooting on SLR and taking some time in the production. Even though we did this in very little time, we worked very hard leading up to it.

We shot on two Canon 5D MK II's, and one Nikon D7000. Lighting kit was a basic three box, a couple worklights. Shot three takes at once on three different setups, then edited it all in Sony Vegas Pro 10. Very little color correction, much of this is Raw to keep the look.

Our DP was Rip Williams, a local photographer who's quite awesome.

You CAN have the big studio look, without the money. This is the proof. Enjoy!

Return to posts index

brian Lore
Re: Shot on DSLR
on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:13:08 am

No one? I would have thought that someone who shoots on DSLR would be interested in this.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:16:05 am

Busy week (and the subject line wasn't very enticing)

Look nice... any issues mixing 5D and D7000 in Vegas? I assume you edited native.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

brian Lore
on Jan 12, 2011 at 1:47:31 am

yeah, sorry; I didn't choose a very good title ;P

I did edit native... even built a new rig to do so! :D There were no issues, which was awesome. Color difference between the two is a little hard, but not by much. The D7000 has more of a black lift than the 5D.

In the long run, I cannot believe what these cameras can do, it's absolutely insane. Thanks for watching!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 12, 2011 at 2:18:29 am

Glad to know they mixed. I was getting ready to take a 7D and a D7000 in the field. I love the longer record time in Nikon as well as ability to autofocus on subtle movments. Thinking of making that interview camera while using 7D for B-roll portion

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

brian Lore
on Jan 12, 2011 at 6:08:35 am

It was amazingly easy. I was really worried about mixing the two, but it was much better than I thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]