FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K in DSLR!

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
4K in DSLR!
on Dec 31, 2010 at 11:15:05 pm

Holy Cow!

http://philipbloom.net/2010/12/30/shoot-2k-3k-and-4k-on-the-canon-550d-t2i-...

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: 4K in DSLR!
on Jan 1, 2011 at 12:03:36 am

This would be frikken awesome - I'd be more than happy with just a bumped up data rate for 1080p and 720p footage.
It sucks that the 7D (which we have) has additional security measures put in.

Let's also hope their future updates unlock higher frame rates.

On a side note, I hate when companies intentionally limit their products via software so that their other product lines aren't affected. These cameras were hobbled so as not to compete with their video cameras. Lame.

Let's hope this is real!

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Jan 1, 2011 at 1:22:53 pm

Thanks for posting! Looks interesting!

Especially 60p in 1080 and the high bitrate seem to be a great improvement.

Not sure, if 30 sec in 3K or 6 sec in 4K will be of much use... Maybe for VFX shots...

Oh: And a happy new year everyone!

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jan 1, 2011 at 10:17:34 pm

Looking like it's a hoax. There's an update to your link now.

Phillip did something like this on April 1st of last year to his readers, so somebody might be pulling a joke right back on him.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Jan 2, 2011 at 4:32:59 am

It turned out to be a hoax... i can't beleive there are idiots like that guy who go on wasting others time.

Moral of the story: If you want 4k, then go get a Red camera.

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
on Jan 4, 2011 at 3:55:25 am

Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully the next batch of Cameras will have this.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]