FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conforming Question

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe McKinney
Conforming Question
on Dec 29, 2010 at 4:02:43 am

Hey guys, I've just been delivered content from three DSLRs to edit. I have two different sizes, two compression settings, and three different frame rates. I'm looking for the best approach to get these files to play well together in a sequence. The info for the files is below. Absolutely any help you guys can give me is appreciated! Thanks!

7D
1920x1080
H.264

D7000
1920x1080
H.264

D90
1280x720
Apple OpenDML JPEG

Joe McKinney

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Conforming Question
on Dec 29, 2010 at 4:09:58 am

Edit in PP CS5 natively

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 29, 2010 at 5:38:27 am

Which edit system Joe?

And Richard, does Adobe CS5 mix frame rates well? Properly?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 29, 2010 at 2:41:06 pm

Yes... it does it quite well... using same sort of tech as in AE on final render to blend frames as needed.

Personally... I'd go 24 as most of his stuff is that and its easier to go down then up

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Joe McKinney
on Dec 30, 2010 at 11:44:58 pm

Shane,
I'm using FCP currently. Thanks for the input!

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Dec 29, 2010 at 3:08:16 pm

If using final cut, it's easy. Just drag your 720p video into the timeline, final cut will ask you if you want to set up a sequence according to this clip's properties, click on yes.

Then drag the rest of the clips onto the timeline and they will be automatically conformed to all match the 720p sequence settings. You will have to render but that's okay.

Perhaps in Premiere Pro you don't have to render, I'm not 100% sure on that.

Return to posts index

Joe McKinney
on Dec 30, 2010 at 11:47:57 pm

Thanks for your help Steve. I can't seem to get the D90 footage to prompt me to set up my sequence. Perhaps it uses a codec that FCP doesn't recognize?

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Dec 30, 2010 at 11:52:22 pm

Did you set up a new project in FCP?

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
on Jan 4, 2011 at 3:39:39 am

Stick to FCP unless you have a high end machine. The Native H.264 is a new feature and still requires
top notch Graphics Card. If you are on a laptop, transcode to ProRes and you will have alot easier edit.

I agree with Rich, Premier Pro CS5 is great to edit native H.264, but you should work with what you have.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]