FORUMS: list search recent posts

D7000 Exposure in LCD

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nigel Thompson
D7000 Exposure in LCD
on Dec 26, 2010 at 12:31:26 pm

Hey guys !
Just received my brand new Nikon D7000 .... holy smokes images are insane. video quality is superb and the stills take my breath away. Couple grouses i have non the less.

1. Why the hell cant i change exposure while Live view is on ?
If im doing video (which is a feature of the camera, correct me if im
wrong), i cant see the images to set exposure properly. So Nikon,
while i LOVE your cameras and their images, ....
THAT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE !!!

2. Lack of faster and slower frame rates.
(maybe im being an idiot here but this if the camera has this feature
other cams would no stand a chance)

So Nikon .... firmware update please ..... fix that crappy exposure thing. if you can do it with ISO and shutter i see no reason why exposure cannot be there as well. it will make life easier

Nigel

HVX200, RED ONE, FCS and more,
High End, Production & Post Production
in the Caribbean
http://www.bistt.com

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: D7000 Exposure in LCD
on Dec 26, 2010 at 3:57:11 pm

Invest in lenses that have an aperture ring (older lenses do). This limitation is on ALL DSLRs.. not just Nikon. You can change exposure compensation while in live view top.. right side).

Frame rates... don't be greedy. You have all the standard ones you need including 60p for overcrank. If you want more than that... you're going to have to step outside a DSLR and invest in a variable frame rate camera (oh and the ones that go much over 60 while still recording HD cost about 40X what you just spent).

Not knocking you... just trying to point out that your gripes are not unique to this camera (which I do own) and are unrealistic at this price point.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Nigel Thompson
on Dec 26, 2010 at 4:33:11 pm

LOLOL
Hey Richard !

Yea i know i was being greedy with the over and under cranking (hangs head in shame) LOL.

but i do have lots of lenses with aperture rings as i'm a serious Nikon head and have a Letus adapter on my HVX.

got the D7000 about 1 week now. stuck my 24-85mm (F2.8-4) on it. (great lens) So i stick the camera in manual(M) mode. The F-stop/aperture ring on the lens is on the lowest (orange colour) value. but when i swing the magic LV lever i cant close or open the aperture. its stuck on whatever the value is at that time. as soon as i switch off live view i can change the F value with the front most scroll wheel just under the shutter button.
Exposure compensation, the button with plus /minus signs in it, i hold it down and scroll the main scroll wheel at back to change the value.
it does nothing to the image.

Remember Im in Manual mode, so im not sure if this is an issue.
tell me if im doing something wrong.

now learning these DSLRS

HVX200, RED ONE, FCS and more,
High End, Production & Post Production
in the Caribbean
http://www.bistt.com

Return to posts index

Justin Berkovi
on Jan 14, 2011 at 5:53:29 pm

Hi there - i'm quite new to video and wonder if you can help. I was shooting video today using my 50mm lens and on the Aperture priority setting on the camera. The video quality is mind blowing but I notice sometimes the exposure seems to change during the video? i.e. light / dark. Is there anyway to 'fix' this so it doesn't happen?

Kind regards (And apologies in advance for being so unprofessional)

Justin

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:48:45 pm

Look up ae-l button

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]