FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Have A T2i (550D) Can I Get It To Work With Log And Transfer In Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oisin Barrett
I Have A T2i (550D) Can I Get It To Work With Log And Transfer In Final Cut Pro
on Dec 20, 2010 at 9:39:08 am

First off I want to apologize in advance if I put this under the wrong forum. I have a Canon Rebel T2i or 550D and to get the video into Final Cut Pro I have to import the video through iPhoto and then transcode to a Pro Res, is there some way to skip the first step and make it so that I can just hook up my T2i via usb and it will work with Final Cut Pros log and transfer, hopefully just like an avchd camera. I tried going into log and transfer in Final Cut to see if it would recognize my T2i but it did not. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks In Advance

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: I Have A T2i (550D) Can I Get It To Work With Log And Transfer In Final Cut Pro
on Dec 20, 2010 at 1:54:58 pm

Nope. Just convert your footage using compressor, streamclip, grinder, cineform

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
Re: I Have A T2i (550D) Can I Get It To Work With Log And Transfer In Final Cut Pro
on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:19:38 pm

Yes there is a way!

You have download the 5D plug-in from Canon's website & then hack it to make it work with Canon T2i. In fact it not only takes some hassle away but also saves a lot of time.

You can see it here

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:26:17 pm

Here is a good link with the text in the hack. It works great:http://www.finalcutuser.com/?p=1829

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Oisin Barrett
on Dec 21, 2010 at 3:15:17 am

I installed the plugin and messed it up somehow and now there is no camera.plist or anything, so when I search I cant find it I looked around for a while and could not find it, is there anyway I can uninstall the plugin and reinstall it again I don't think I did the code right

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 21, 2010 at 5:19:51 am

You need to modify the file in something like bbedit or Text Wrangler, if you do it in TextEdit, it will not work.

Return to posts index

Oisin Barrett
on Dec 21, 2010 at 5:23:01 am

Oh ok thats what it is, I tried to use text edit but I do have text wrangler so it should work, but I cant find the file which is weird is there some way I can uninstall and reinstall Im not sure how to do that with plugins

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Dec 21, 2010 at 7:15:31 pm

[Michael Sacci] "if you do it in TextEdit, it will not work."

Are you sure about this Michael because i did it with textedit and it worked just fine!

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 21, 2010 at 7:26:10 pm

I did it in text edit as well and it works for me. The link I posted has an update on what the text should say. Make sure it is the updated text.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 22, 2010 at 4:32:45 am

I had an issue when I first did it with textedit, and the people that posted the hack said to use a real code editor. But if it works with textedit thats cool but if you are having trouble try my recommendation.

Return to posts index

Oisin Barrett
on Dec 22, 2010 at 4:47:15 am

I think I just totally messed it up somehow, does somebody have the code for it that they can copy and paste into the thread because I think I messed it up pretty badly, I tried 550D and T2i rebel and all that but I think it has something to do with what I changed in the beginning

Return to posts index

Randy Lee
on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:14:32 pm

Any time you're messing with files and don't know exactly what you're doing (and even if you do, for that matter), you should make a copy of the file before you start.

Stephen's link from earlier takes you to a site that has the exact text that you need. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to make sure you've got exactly the same text in your document.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]