FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pluraleyes - No Sequence coming up

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan LaToure
Pluraleyes - No Sequence coming up
on Dec 19, 2010 at 3:19:27 am

Hey all!! I downloaded Pluraleyes to test it out on my MacBook Pro, but after it finds the Project it doesn't find the Sequence to actually do the sync. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it? Thanks!

Stefan LaToure
Agape Filmworks
LaToure Entertainment

Stefan LaToure
Director/Editor

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: Pluraleyes - No Sequence coming up
on Dec 19, 2010 at 3:55:01 am

You need to name the seq pluraleyes that your trying to sync, assuming you're in fcp

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Stefan LaToure
on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:49:41 am

It is named Pluraleyes. I even reinstalled the software. It works fine on my QuadCore desktop, but not my MacBook Pro.

Stefan LaToure
Agape Filmworks
LaToure Entertainment

Stefan LaToure
Director/Editor

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Dec 19, 2010 at 4:55:11 am

I believe you to have rename the sequence before it can find it...try reading the instructions, it should be mentioned somewhere in there. I don't have it myself but I remember seeing this in one of their instructional videos.

Return to posts index

Stefan LaToure
on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:51:26 am

You actually have to create a new sequence called Pluraleyes. I did that before I posted on here and I already read the instructions and looked at the video tutorials. Thanks.

Stefan LaToure
Agape Filmworks
LaToure Entertainment

Stefan LaToure
Director/Editor

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
on Dec 20, 2010 at 1:03:56 am

do you have the seq open before running plural eyes? I seem to remember having this issue when the sequence wasn't actually opened before running plural eyes

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Stefan LaToure
on Dec 20, 2010 at 1:29:06 pm

Hey Robbie! Thanks for responding. I believe I tried it both ways and it didn't work. I even rebooted the machine and tried it, and then reinstalled and it and it didn't work. I have asked their customer service and haven't gotten a good answer yet either. Anything else you can think of?

Thanks!

Stefan LaToure
Agape Filmworks
LaToure Entertainment

Stefan LaToure
Director/Editor

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Dec 21, 2010 at 10:13:44 pm

fwiw: I have never had to create a sequence called PluralEyes. The software will find every sequence within my projects, no matter what they're called.

You're in an ideal position, since you have the software on both the desktop and laptop. Try going through the same procedure that works on the MacPro, and duplicate that, step by step, on the MacBook. Since it's working on the MacPro, you should be able to find a significant difference on the MacBook.

I feel your pain. But if that doesn't work, the only thing left is incense and witch doctors. Good luck. And let us know.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Stefan LaToure
on Dec 21, 2010 at 11:16:56 pm

You are right, it doesn't matter with the new version what sequence it is. My problem is that on the MacBookPro, NO SEQUENCES come up at all. I actually installed it on the MacBookPro first and then the Mac. It won't even run on my MacBookPro anymore. I found out there is a directory that isn't be installed or created on the laptop for some crazy reason. I am actually almost done using the MacPro. It is weird why it won't work on the MacBook.

Stefan LaToure
Director/Editor

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Dec 22, 2010 at 12:20:24 am

It could be a FCP issue. Have you tried all the usual FCP fixes? e.g. delete preferences. Have you seen any error messages in FCP itself lately? Does FCP run just fine on the laptop, except for feeding data to PluralEyes?

I'd try

1 - delete prefs;
2 - open new job and create new sequences to see whether PluralEyes can find them;
3 - reinstall FCP on the laptop, unless it isn't worth the hassle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]