FORUMS: list search recent posts

shooting in RAW format?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Lunn
shooting in RAW format?
on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:35:41 am

When I shoot in 1080/24fps, should I set the mode to RAW+L? Does it make a difference whether the mode is RAW or RAW+L, or in a lesser format?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: shooting in RAW format?
on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:39:51 am

There is no RAW format on any DSLR camera when in video mode.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:03:15 am

[Arthur Lunn] "When I shoot in 1080/24fps, should I set the mode to RAW+L"

RAW+L refers to when you shoot still photos RAW+L would save a RAW image and a Large jpg image.

It have NOTHING to do with video.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
on Jan 4, 2011 at 3:13:26 am

The most you can do is Shoot timelapse or image sequences in RAW, then edit in PS or Aperture.
No video. That is on the wish list for the next batch of DSLR, only RAW video format is RED or ARRI Alexa.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 4, 2011 at 6:48:51 am

[Anthony Bari Jr.] "The most you can do is Shoot timelapse or image sequences in RAW, then edit in PS or Aperture."

NOPE

When doing time-lapse with a DSLR you are latterly shooting hundreds if not thousands of images. Because of the large amounts of still images its easier to just shoot jpeg. As well as the time lapse will process much faster.

When I do time lapse I don't even go into photoshop or aperture, because i'm not doing any adjustments to the photos, i m just compelling them into a time lapse.

[Anthony Bari Jr.] "hat is on the wish list for the next batch of DSLR, only RAW video format is RED or ARRI Alexa."

I dont see that happening anytime soon. RAW video files are so bit that they will not fit on standard digital camera memory cards.

Please note RAW video and RAW photo are completely different.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]