FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing 550d video into Adobe Prem Pro CS4 and Exporting Settings

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Brown
Importing 550d video into Adobe Prem Pro CS4 and Exporting Settings
on Dec 13, 2010 at 10:01:47 pm

Hi all,

I just used a Canon 550D DSLR to video a wedding, the video is fine.I shot the clips at 24fps 1920/1080p ,I have copied them onto my PC as .MOV files My questions are as follows.

1. What setting do I import the .MOV files into Adobe Prem Pro CS$ when setting up a new project. eg. HDV 1080p 24 ??

2. Once i have done the editing and finished the project what do i export the sequence as? I want the best quality possible and to put them onto DVD as well as save them to PC?

Sorry if I sound a little novice for that is my status when it comes to this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Importing 550d video into Adobe Prem Pro CS4 and Exporting Settings
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:30:22 am

Strongly recommend upgrade to CS5 which can work natively with files.

If stuck in CS4, then look at Cineform where you should transcode footage.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:32:15 am

The Canon files are a bit tricky to work with natively. If you don't have CS5, the best way is to transcode them into an intermediate codec like DNxHD or Cineform and then edit them with the XDCAM EX preset (i.e. XDCAM EX 1080p 24).
I use MPEG Streamclip for transcoding into DNxHD (Export to Quicktime -> AVID DNxHD Codec (Quality 100%), chosing the options and fps that'll fit my footage, deselecting "interlaced").
You can download the DNxHD codec for free from the AVID site.
Haven't tried Cineform yet, but from what I read, it seems to be a very good and stable solution.

For DVD- or BluRay-output you can use Media Encoder/Encore, which will give you good quality. Or you can export to DNxHD / Cineform for maintaining highest quality and convert those files with another DVD/BluRay encoder.

HTH

Return to posts index

Dave Brown
on Feb 14, 2011 at 8:59:12 am

Firstly thanks for your reply to my post.

I have upgraded to CS% and edited the 550D nativly problem solved......until.

I have edited the video under the preset DSLR 1080p24 preset (which is what i shot the video on the 550D).

Now it comeds to exporting, using media encoder what settings do export in?

I have expoted at H.264, 24fps, PAL, square pixels, baseline ,VBR pass 2, bitrate 20 max bitrate 22. This should do it however i whenever there is a camera movement it has a slight to extreme strobe feel.

I am not awaree of the shutter speed i shot the video with however when i playback the video in Prem Pro it seems fine but when i export it it's not.

As previously stated i need it for DVD,Bluray and media player/computer file.

Any help would be much aprieciated.

Thanks guys!!

Dave

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Feb 14, 2011 at 1:27:33 pm

Have you tried to export your final clip to a uncompressed (or slightly uncompressed) format (like with the before mentioned Cineform codec, DNxHD...). Does this clip show strobing motion too?
If not, then increase the bitrate of your H.264 output file.

In general it's a good thing to export your final to an "uncompressed" master and do all of your final dvd/web conversions with that file. It's faster and more stable.

hth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]