FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to convert 60fps to 24?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Steven
Best way to convert 60fps to 24?
on Dec 13, 2010 at 7:11:09 pm

Hi everybody. I just got a Canon EOS 7D. I have a 5D Mark II so im pretty familiar with most functions. However Im going to go do my first bit of slow motion photography and I am curious what the best method is to constrain the 60fps I plan to shoot to 24fps in post? Im on mac with FCP 7.3. Thanks.

Aaron

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: Best way to convert 60fps to 24?
on Dec 13, 2010 at 8:17:49 pm

I'm a big fan of the Cinema Tools route since its pretty much instantaneous. All you do is open up a clip(s) in Cinema Tools and the press the conform button and choose the frame rate you'd like to conform to (in your case 24). And Viola you now have a slow-mo clip. What's really happening is the frame rate tag in the header of the file is getting changed. For safety i.e. pain in the ass factor I'll usually duplicate the clips I'm going to conform so I have the original and the conformed clip. Yes you could always open up a conformed clip and re-conform it back to the original frame rate but drives are cheap I don't care about duplicating media. After conforming I'll just add (using automator a _24 tag to the end of the clips I conformed to keep it straight in my workflow. Finally, it sounds like you know this but your audio will also be conformed if there was camera audio with the file.

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

marc horowitz
Re: Best way to convert 60fps to 24?
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:35:57 am

Is that really it? I did that and they don't seem so slo-mo. Is there anything you have to do in your fina cut timeline? thanks so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]