FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon T1i

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo Esposito
Canon T1i
on Dec 3, 2009 at 9:01:05 pm

Does anyone have any insights in the Canon T1i? It would be my first DSLR HD video capable camera. I am upgrading from a D60. The idea is to use this until I can jump to the 7D. Does anyone suggest another sub $1k Camera HD video capable?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: Canon T1i
on Dec 4, 2009 at 5:42:02 am

Bang for the buck the T1i is a great camera. The only bummer about it that may effect you if you require it is that when the camera shoots full HD (1920 x 1080) it shoots at only 20fps. While this might not be a big deal if your footage is intended for the web it makes it hard to integrate with other projects that are using standard frame rates.

The Nikon D5000 is probably the camera thats most similar in terms of features and cost although it only does 720p

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP

Return to posts index

Paolo Esposito
on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:35:48 pm

Yes the is the BIGGEST bummer, on the other hand I hate the fact that it only has 30fps in 720p. 24fps would have been much more desirable for me. Another bummer, but I am not clear about it, is that on the canon website it leads me to understand that all Exposure and compensation setting are automatic? Does that mean that I cannot set those values statically for each shot? That would be another big bummer since video that is constantly correcting exposure is just hideous. If someone could clear that up for me that would be awesome.

About the Nikon, It has 24fps which is great but on the other hand I read on different sites that the video is full of artifacts ghosts and that in motion is really bad. It seems that video wise Canon is a step forward. Any more input is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matt Gottshalk
on Dec 4, 2009 at 2:57:52 pm

I am a huge Nikon guy, but for video, RIGHT NOW, Canon is king of the castle, hands down.

McGee Digital Media Inc.
24P HD Production and Post
http://www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

Fernando Guerrero
on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:27:27 am

Hi

There are workarounds for the automatic iris and exposure... they are a bit tricky at first, but one can get used to them...

Check this out

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1031&message=32559084

I use a RED camera for my pro job, and it rocks, but this inexpensive canon camera can do a lot for the buck...

You can also use an adaptor and buy a manual lens online...

cheers

f3rn4ndrum5

Fernando Guerrero
ccs-Vnz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]