FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D hand held rigs

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Sensor
7D hand held rigs
on Feb 5, 2010 at 4:11:28 am

Faced with spending even more money with Zacuto, while I re-invent the wheel, I didn't like any of the hand held rig options - they seemed a bit klunky. I'm not a young guy, so I've got old stuff around.
I found that my Peter Liesand body brace for an Arri 16BL works great for my 7D set-up. I love mixing old with new.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: 7D hand held rigs
on Feb 5, 2010 at 8:20:41 am

Yeah the Zacuto stuff is top-notch but ouch - spendy! Red Rock Micro has great quality rigs for half of what Zacuto charges. We went even cheaper with Indifocus and have been pretty happy with the rigs - more weight than Zacuto or RedRock but similar features for a lot less cash...

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Nels Chick
on Feb 7, 2010 at 7:14:34 pm

I second the Indifocus stuff. Inexpensive, but pretty nice to work with. I went that route and don't regret it. If I had a bigger budget I would go with something a bit more accurate and flexible, but for now the Indifocus UltraCompact does the job.

inconveniencethemovie.com

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:47:54 pm

I've yet to find a good DIY source for building rails. I am a big fan of DIY equipment - I've built lights, dollies, rigs, stabilizers, etc. For me, it's fun making something you can use. If I could afford the spendier stuff, I would get them. I picked up the Killer Camera Rigs That You Can Build book and have built a couple rigs, too.

I guess I just need to know if there is a standard size/configuration for rails...?

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]