FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CS5 changing the Date Modified Time stamp?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Connoly
Premiere Pro CS5 changing the Date Modified Time stamp?
on Dec 4, 2010 at 3:19:55 pm

The Date Modified Time Stamp is changing on some of my AVI files, and it's wreaking havock on my ability to run a back-up program efficiently and my ability to identify the corresponding sound files for syncing.

I suspect Premiere Pro is doing this, a the only other media programs I'm using are Soundbooth, After Effects, Lightroom and Windows Media Player.

Is it normal for Premiere Pro to change the Date Modified Time Stamp and is there a way to stop it?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Premiere Pro CS5 changing the Date Modified Time stamp?
on Dec 5, 2010 at 1:13:41 am

At the OS level? Probably not. You should be archiving according to the time created stamp, not the time modified. And I would definitely not be trying to run automated backup software on media drives- too much havoc in there. Back up your system drive automatically. Make your media backups manually.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Randall Packer
Re: Premiere Pro CS5 changing the Date Modified Time stamp?
on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:58:54 pm

I just started having this problem with the "date modified" time stamp changing when opening files in Premiere Pro 5.5.2, it never happened before. It not only makes it difficult to backup, but to recognize easily the dates of files.

Mac Pro 8-core, 6 Gb Ram, AJA Kona LHe, Apogee Ensemble
Mac Pro 4-core, 12 Gb Ram, MOTU V4HD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]